The View From 1776
Teaching Evolution: The Argument Is Not About Science
The ACLU has sued to stop the Dover Area [Pennsylvania] School District from instructing students that Darwinism is not necessarily a scientific fact, because, they say, doing so amounts to “an establishment of religion.”
The ACLU is correct that religion is involved, but it’s on the wrong side of the street. Darwinian evolution has nothing to do with science and everything to do with establishing atheistic socialism as the official national religion.
- Since evolution's followers claim it to be the paragon of virtue of 'Science,' where is the evidence? Isn't evidence the blood and gut of true science? Yes, of course. Where? There is none. It is pure theological theory. Man-made humanistic religion. Driven by those who choose a life-style first and then erect a fantasy universe-to-fit - with no moral restraints to their hedonistic choices. We understand. Self-justification is very very important. Problem is: it won't justify. Patty-cake anyone?
Posted by Choicemaker on 09/29 at 10:45 PM
- Choicemaker (along with the blog's originator) claims that that the Theory of Evolution is without evidence.
Start with <http://www.talkorigins.org> and before you begin to claim that it is not a valid site, check the sponsors (from the 'Awards' -section. If you think that the Smithsonian Institution, Science magazine and others like that do not understand science, you might want to castigate them directly and provide evidence why these organizations are science-illiterate.
- I have. And, they are. I didn't say, "They don't understand it." They understand it very well. That is why they are running hard to 'prove' the ego-centered Humanistic faith is 'accurate.'
Life-style First. Then, a Universe that 'fits.' Get it?
The missing element in every human 'solution' is
an accurate definition of the creature.
The way we define 'human' determines our view
of self, others, relationships, institutions, life, and future. Important? Only the Creator who made us in His own image is qualified to define us accurately. Choose wisely...there are results.
Many problems in human experience are the result of false and inaccurate definitions of humankind premised in man-made religions and humanistic philosophies. (Which one is the Smithsonians? Awards?)
Human knowledge is a fraction of the whole universe. The balance is a vast void of human ignorance. Human reason cannot fully function in such a void; thus, the intellect can rise no higher than the criteria by which it perceives and measures values.
Humanism makes man his own standard of measure.
However, as with all measuring systems, a standard
must be greater than the value measured. Based on
preponderant ignorance and an egocentric carnal
nature, humanism demotes reason to the simpleton
task of excuse-making in behalf of the rule of appetites, desires, feelings, emotions, and glands.
Because man, hobbled in an ego-centric predicament, cannot invent criteria greater than himself, the humanist lacks a predictive capability. Without instinct or transcendent criteria, humanism cannot evaluate options with
foresight and vision for progression and survival. Lacking foresight, man is blind to potential consequence and is unwittingly committed to mediocrity, collectivism, averages, and regression - and worse. Humanism is an unworthy worship.
The void of human ignorance can easily be filled with a functional faith while not-so-patiently awaiting the foot-dragging growth of human knowledge and behavior. Faith, initiated by the Creator and revealed and validated in His Word, the Bible, brings a transcendent standard to man the choice-maker. Other philosophies and religions are man-made, humanism, and thereby lack what only the Bible has:
1.Transcendent Criteria and
2.Fulfilled Prophetic Validation.
The vision of faith in God and His Word is survival equipment for today and the future.
Human is earth's Choicemaker. Psalm 25:12 He is by
nature and nature's God a creature of Choice - and of Criteria. Psalm 119:30,173 His unique and definitive characteristic is, and of Right ought to be, the natural foundation of his environments, institutions, and respectful relations to his fellow-man. Thus, he is oriented to a Freedom whose roots are in the Order of the universe. Selah
"Got Criteria?" See Psalm 119:1--176
More or less,
semper fidelisPosted by Choicemaker on 09/30 at 10:52 AM
- Wow.. that article has an impressive amount of straw-men arguments. Darwinistic evolution has nothing to do whatsoever with any political system, also not socialism (and on a side-note: socialism is not inherently atheistic either). A lot of evolutionary scientists are religious - christian, muslim, hindu, andsoforth - and don't have any problem reconsiling that fact with their scientific endeavors.
Simply claiming that there is no evidence for evolution borders on lying, since there is. You don't have to take my word for it though. Simply go to any scientific library and look up works and articles describing the evidence.
As someone has mentioned, talkorigins.org is a good place to start. The most important information there are the long lists of bibliographical references. Evolution - like any other scientific field - is a continuous piece of work and gets discussed a lot among scientists from various fields - chemistry, biology, geology, archeology. Most of what Darwin said 150 years ago has been overruled and/or augmented, especially since genetics has come into play.
- Within 'evolution,' there is no proof-explanation for the universe to even exist. The whole evolution-thing is a humanistic religious view based on hoped-for truth: no God, no good/bad. Wowee!
The 'scientists' who follow man-made religions are only looking for reinforcement of apriori man-made opinion. 'Belonging' to a churchor mosque is meaningless in itself. All institutions have many many humanists who associate for questionable reasons.
The Bible is meaningful beyond human capability in view of the fact that it could not have been produced by mere human opinion. The creation of the universe is much more (sic) than 'scientific' humanistic-theology based on faith in ignorance. The need for self-justification, for self as a self-determining god, is the major purpose behind humanism, socialism, evoltionary theology, and other Santa Claus-like fiction. Else, why the controlling totalitarian fear of exploring ID? Duh? Protection? Duh. Pul-eeze... Thoughtful heroes let the chips fall where they may. Step up, gods & cowards! Bring your own mirror...
"Got Transcendant Criteria? See Psalm 119:1--176
semper fidelisPosted by Choicemaker on 09/30 at 04:39 PM
- You wrote,
Darwinian evolution, unlike true sciences such as chemistry and physics, cannot be employed to predict anything or to make exact classifications of anything. It is nothing more than a speculative hypothesis with no way to employ normal scientific tests to assess its validity. Believers have nothing to cling to beyond the word of Darwinians that things "could have been" as they hypothesize.
This is just a typical bald-faced lie often told by pseudochristian narcissists. Easily refuted, take a look at this article.
Here's an exceprt.
If Darwin was right, for example, then scientists should be able to perform a neat trick. Using a mathematical formula that emerges from evolutionary theory, they should be able to predict the number of harmful mutations in chimpanzee DNA by knowing the number of mutations in a different species' DNA and the two animals' population sizes.
"That's a very specific prediction," said Eric Lander, a geneticist at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in Cambridge, Mass., and a leader in the chimp project.
Sure enough, when Lander and his colleagues tallied the harmful mutations in the chimp genome, the number fit perfectly into the range that evolutionary theory had predicted.
In a 1995 article in Science, Douglas Futuyma listed several ways that evolutionary biology is being utilized:
* Biodiversity and conservation: Analysis of risk of extinction due to "inbreeding, reduced gene flow, specialization, and constraints on genetic and ecological responses to global change."
* Phenotypic expression in novel environments: Use of tools already in use in studies of natural systems, like "molecular markers of gene flow, gene geneaologies as evidence of gene exchange, analyses of phenotypic plasticity, and the 'costs' of adaptation".
* Novel processes and products: This includes production of antibiotics, flavors, pigments, biopolymers, and enzymes.
* Bioremediation: Production of tolerance to waste products as well as bacterial strains to decompose hazardous materials.
* Wildlife management: Identification of stocks by genetic analysis.
* Agriculture: Identification of disease resistance factors in related wild plants, pesticide resistance, management of pest adaptation to pesticide, pest resistant cultivation.
* Health sciences: Causes of senescence, treatment of fever, tracing origins of pathogens, evolution of virulence in viruses and other pathogens, measurement of genetic diversity in pathogens and hosts, mechanisms of drug resistance, evolutionary epidemiology.Posted by Dale on 10/01 at 02:28 AM