The View From 1776

First Do No Harm

Who does more real, assessable harm to students? An Imus, or the liberals who loved to be featured guests on his radio program?  The secular education of atheistic, materialistic liberalism is akin to physicians prescribing arsenic instead of vitamins.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) on 04/17 at 06:45 PM
  1. That atheism is a form of racism might be putting it a bit strongly, but it's definitely interesting that morals and family (fostered by religion) are the greatest indicator of success regardless of race.

I agree that Imus is less to blame than the people who keep him in business--the advertisers, the listeners, and perhaps mostly the kow-towers who agree to appear on his inane show.
    Posted by Frank Staheli  on  04/17  at  11:00 PM
  2. Racism is a form of collectivism. A group measurement of human value and non-value. Atheism breeds collectivism. Individual value was intitated by Jesus when He died and the veil of the temple was rent, giving individuals access to the Holy of Holies and GOD - minus a mediator human priest.

No pagan man-made religion or philosophy ever produced a society based on individual value: it is Christian at base if it is individual valued.

Imus and his critics are still trying to solve racism without replacig it with Individual Value. It won't work by using an alternative collective. Slow learners.

Typical Wednesday-Afternoon Quarterbacking pragmatists.

vincit veritist
    semper fidelis
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/18  at  12:33 AM
  3. Another well crafted but meaningless piece of conservative hoedown.
    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  04/18  at  09:58 AM
  4. ONLY TRUE IN AN EMPTY HEAD. WE ACCEPT YOUR CONFESSION. ( Mommy. he wants two bottos. Still got a rash?)

vincit veritas
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/18  at  04:13 PM
  5. Yet another well thought out argument by a liberal. (See comment by David Airth.)

Nice piece to add to the site, Thomas. Keep up the great work.

J.
    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  04/18  at  07:54 PM
  6. "Atheists tend to be eugenicists, which is to say, they tend to be racists."

I admire Mr. Kellmeyer for his restraint. After all, we all know that atheists tend to be rapists, baby-eaters, and cheat on their taxes. Kudos for not demonizing atheists any more than necessary to make your point.

Seriously, this wild and baseless assertion literally made me laugh out loud. Can you provide any evidence whatsoever of this outrageous claim?

But I guess that's the disadvantage we atheists have: we require proof, not just faith.
    Posted by ryan  on  04/19  at  08:15 AM
  7. Nature's IQ Test: The universe, its alpha-omega causal-chain, manifest non-manmade principles, the atheistic lack of criteria higher than their pubic hair, and your dire need for self-justification - just for openers.

You have proof. What you really need are excuses.

As a former humanist; been there. Done that. Superiority buckled the 'knees' of my mind, soul, spirit, attitude, and body. (Shoulda started with body.)

His name is JESUS. He died for you.

"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision, for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision." Joel 3:14 kjv Choose tomorrows...?

vincit veritas
    semper fidelis

Evidence? Comedy? Hip-Hop? Mirror handy?
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/19  at  09:28 AM
  8. "The true God is a living, intelligent, and powerful Being.

His duration reaches from eternity to eternity.

His presence from infinity to infinity.

He governs all things."

Sir Isaac Newton

+ + +

"Man cannot make or invent or contrive principles. He
    can only discover them and he ought to look through the
    discovery to the Author." -- Thomas Paine 1797

Q: "What is man, that he could be pure? And he who is
    born of a woman, that he could be righteous?" Job 15:14
    A: "Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He
    teach in the way he chooses." Psalm 25:12

Q: "What is man that You are mindful of him, or the son
    of man that You take care of him?" Hebrews 2:6
    A: "I have chosen the way of truth; your judgments I have
    laid before me." Psalm 119:30 "Let Your hand become my
    help, for I have chosen Your precepts."Psalm 119:173

Remember what the Pharaoh said to Moshe? "If I can't see my TV I won't believe it is possible. Especially, since visible-light is such a fraction of the electro-msgnetic spectrum...I'm more nearly blind! Faith? Poo."

semper fidelis
    vincit veritas

Homework Clue: Psalm 25:12 kjv
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/19  at  09:56 AM
  9. hey choicemaker, Christianity IS man made.
    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  04/23  at  07:22 PM
  10. Hey tim; PROVE IT! Ha!

That is a statement of 'Faith in Ignorance.' HA!

Invent a criterion that is greater than yourself. Cannot? Then name such a man-made criterion anywhere in history. Not. No wonder choices are mediocre at best. 'FAITH IN IGNORANCE' low priest?

No one can think with his glands. You're proving the wrong thing. Intelligence goes no higher than pre-chosen criteria. Do you know how obvious and transparent you are? No.

Lotsa luck. Patty-cake in the sand-pile?
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/23  at  10:45 PM
  11. James Harrington, a Lecturer in the Philosophy Department at Loyola University, Chicago, authored a piece posted at the Tech Control website entitled, "The Flawed Philosophy of Intelligent Design," in which he concluded with, "The problem with Intelligent Design is that it is dumb." My posted comment follows:

The universe, itself, furnishes a kind of I.Q. Test for every level of human Knowledge, Ignorance, Intelligence, and Vanity.

Every human being is born into an ego-centric predicament; a self-centered, continual, waking-moments experience. Since we are not the actual center of the universe it means we are always inaccurate by varying degrees in our perceptions, assumptions, and conclusions. Falsity is built into each individual experience. To say otherwise is to maintain and perpetuate our own personal lack.

No exit from our predicament can be found that is personal, the actual center, and worthy to displace our human center - except the Creator who has taken the intiative to make Himself known: the God of the Judeo-Christian who made us in His own image, earth's Choicemaker.

Our own ego is the greatest barrier to our growth as humans. Acknowledging our vain bias is the primary movement toward a larger perception of Reality, knowing that in this world we will never possess the whole.

Too many self-professed scientists enter into a theocratic position accurately entitled Scientism.; a prioritized 'worship' of human opinion about nature. Such a viewpoint participates in the limited (visible-light?) human acceptance of unrecognized reality. "If I can't see it, it doesn't exist."

As a former humanist, I was long overdue in recognizing my own universe-sized ignorance and my shoebox-sized knowledge.I never really began to grow until I met The Actual Center and gravitated away from my own barrier: ego. He is worthy.

Consider:
    "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful : but, became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."

Romans 1:20-22 KJV
    Selah
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/23  at  10:50 PM
  12. The Bible is the basis of Christianity. Men wrote the Bible. Men created the Christianity. I understand that it may be more desirable to think otherwise but that doesn
    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  04/24  at  03:00 AM
  13. Tim, I know that you also believe that your TV set can write, act, design, and produce every show it displays on its screen.

As a humanist, your prime need for self-justification dominates everything you do. That is natural and normal. Unless and until you recognize worthiness in the actual center, JESUS, you are stuck.

If you think I speak in behalf of an ego now, you should have seen me then. I was a lot like you are: an average fat-head jerk with 'needs!'

I don't have those excuse-making loser-needs any more. "Been there; done that." I know you think you are being an original individual. You're not.
    You are only part of the collective - a dumb carnal-ego inferiority-burdened choice. Lotsa luck.

semper fidelis
    vincit veritas
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/25  at  09:43 AM
  14. We both obsessively post messages on obscure websites that no one reads. Trying to one up each other. Of course there is nothing original about that. But you're wrong, As HUMANS, our prime need for self-justification dominates everything WE do. The same still applies to you. You still seem to have those excuse-making loser needs--with all the cutting and pasting from your script every chance you get. Everyone I've encountered that shares your worship of the " Transcendental Argument for the existence of God" also share the same brand of arrogance. I find it very interesting.
    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  04/25  at  11:39 AM
  15. Followers of JESUS are no longer in the self-justification patty-cake game. You still are.

He paid for my stupid rebellion in behalf of ignorance with His own blood. I was bankrupt. (I never had a value like this!) He is worthy.

I challenge your suppositions of what is true and what is not. You are acting in behalf of your own ignorance - it reaches to the farthest element. Your Cause is unintelligent and largely mediocre. It could get worse.

You know it.

You need to reexamine your 'criteria' - whatever that is. You feel pretty good comparing yourself to other 'feely wanderers.' That's too easy. Measure UP! Too tough? "Interesting?" You're leveling off or down - you need to grow - up! Being owned by your glands is not manly - and you know it.

vincit veritas
    semper fidelis
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/25  at  10:34 PM
  16. So why do you insist on playing patty-cake? Is it "manly"?
    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  04/26  at  12:51 PM
  17. Your eyes are still limited to visible-light. I do not play patty-cake - anymore. The only-Lord grew me up a long time ago. I'm no longer like you; stuck in an sick-ego false center of the universe that requires suckling self-justification for carnality. I surrendered to the one who died for me. Think that is patty-cake? That is the defnition of manly.

I know Him, and a few others, who died for YOU. That is the worst thing you will have to answer for rejecting. Ginger-bread house?

Check your criteria for choice. Missing? Yeah, I know...you don't want to be 'inhibited.' Gutless is another rationale fruit of humanists. Still got your rash, too.

We can count on you to be a cop-out wimp.
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/26  at  10:51 PM
  18. You can't resist can you? Our entire exchange is game of patty-cake. Every word that you write is a self-justification. Just listen; I do not...I'm no longer...I surrendered...I know...I was...I challenge...I think...Everything else that you say are just odd insults directed at me for the purpose of satisfying your ego. I guess that's your choice. Ginger-bread house???
    Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  04/27  at  02:18 AM
  19. You know....
    Posted by Choicemaker  on  04/27  at  09:56 AM
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.